C target fixes for Antlr 3.5

Kieran Simpson

Feb 26, 2013, 2:00:39 AM2/26/13
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
As mentioned in http://www.antlr3.org/pipermail/antlr-interest/2012-September/045368.html there exists a nasty bug in the C target with respect to backtracking and labels (see also the thread at http://www.antlr3.org/pipermail/antlr-interest/2012-March/044216.html).

In the Antlr 3.5 Release Notes (http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/ANTLR+3.5+Release+Notes) there is a mention of Sam's fix for the issue "(Sam) Fix labels in synpreds" which provides a starting point for moving the fix over to the C target (http://www.antlr3.org/pipermail/antlr-interest/2012-March/044257.html talks about the Git commit some more).

Since the Antlr mailing list has been moved over to Google Groups I wanted to reraise it as a bug, and politely enquire when a fix might appear?

Cheers,

Jim Idle

Feb 26, 2013, 2:13:58 AM2/26/13
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
I thought that someone else had already fixed that? It was a bug in the stringtemplates that affected all targets.

Sorry that it has yet to be fixed - in my mind it already was fixed. I will see if I can find time this week to change that, but I am travelling pretty much all the time these days, so it is difficult. Anyone that has fixed this is welcome to submit a patch of course.

Jim

Kieran Simpson

Feb 26, 2013, 6:06:37 PM2/26/13
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
As far as I'm aware, Sam did fix it for Java (https://github.com/antlr/antlr3/commit/db6adaefb12a1901606f81c9c8931aa07d12949f), and I gave a crack at porting it over to the C target (https://github.com/kierans/antlr3) but I couldn't get it to work.  You're more than welcome to take what I've done to use it as a starting point if it will help you Jim.

Cheers,

Kieran Simpson

Apr 5, 2013, 1:48:30 AM4/5/13
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Jim,
  Has there been any updates on this?

Cheers,

Mike Lischke

Apr 5, 2013, 2:59:36 AM4/5/13
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Kieran,

Unfortunately code changes in the C target seem not to happen anymore. I have 2 merge requests on GitHub for half a year without any sign that somebody would care.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Kieran Simpson <kiera...@gmail.com> wrote:
As mentioned in http://www.antlr3.org/pipermail/antlr-interest/2012-September/045368.html there exists a nasty bug in the C target with respect to backtracking and labels (see also the thread at http://www.antlr3.org/pipermail/antlr-interest/2012-March/044216.html).

In the Antlr 3.5 Release Notes (http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/ANTLR+3.5+Release+Notes) there is a mention of Sam's fix for the issue "(Sam) Fix labels in synpreds" which provides a starting point for moving the fix over to the C target (http://www.antlr3.org/pipermail/antlr-interest/2012-March/044257.html talks about the Git commit some more).

Since the Antlr mailing list has been moved over to Google Groups I wanted to reraise it as a bug, and politely enquire when a fix might appear?

Terence Parr

Apr 5, 2013, 11:54:18 AM4/5/13
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys, only Jim can approve these changes and he has been too busy to go through them.
Ter

Dictation in use. Please excuse homophones, malapropisms, and nonsense.