How tight a dependency range to specify

Michael W Powell

Jul 27, 2019, 1:30:07 PM7/27/19
to antlr-discussion
Hello,

I am looking at allowing a range of Antlr updates to track with our application libraries. Targeting .NET Antlr 4.6.6 at the moment, but considering allowing a range something like [4.6.6,5), or is that too broad a range? Considering there were breaking changes from as recent as 4.3.0 to 4.6.6, i.e. IVocabulary, for instance, would it be better for us to consider [4.6.6,4.7)?

It's about trade offs of course, we do not want to be updating too frequently for Antlr updates, but then again, the breaking changes, right?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Cheers,

Michael W Powell