Small/Medium Antlr job available

Adam Retter

Oct 26, 2015, 3:41:47 PM10/26/15
to antlr-discussion
Unfortunately I don't have the time to undertake this work myself.

I am initially looking for a time/cost estimate for someone to build an Antlr 4 grammar for an XQuery 3.1 parser. If the estimate is acceptable then we would look to engage the individual/organisation to complete the work on a fixed cost contract. The IP of the work would belong to ourselves, although we are considering releasing the resultant work under an Open Source license as well so that the larger community can also benefit from our investment.

Ideally I would like this to take a modular approach. XQuery is built atop XPath. And XQuery 3.1 is built atop XQuery 1.0 and 3.0, just as XPath 3.1 is built atop XPath 3.0 and 2.0. Ideally I would like to see a series of Antlr grammars that can be combined/included so that we can target any language level of XPath (ignoring 1.0) or XQuery.

Should this go well, there may also be the opportunity for a second project to replace our existing Antlr v2 parser and query engine with the new Antlr v4 XQuery parser.

Does anyone fancy having a stab at this? If so can you give me an idea of your experience with Antlr v4 and relatively complex grammars, and also of course an estimate of time and cost to undertake the work?

Thanks Adam.

Eric Vergnaud

Oct 27, 2015, 12:36:41 PM10/27/15
to antlr-discussion