ANTLR runtime and generated code versions disagree: 4.8!=4.7.1

Roberto Shimizu

Feb 12, 2020, 7:55:20 AM2/12/20
to antlr-discussion
Hi All,

I have run into this ERROR: ANTLR runtime and generated code versions disagree: 4.8!=4.7.1
My first reaction was to check the installation versions, and I am using "pip3 install antlr4-python3-runtime"

Any experiences to share on how I tackle this problem?

Thanks
Roberto

Song Yang

Feb 22, 2020, 4:56:16 PM2/22/20
to antlr-discussion
I had this problem too. I was using Visual Studio Code with the ANTLR extension. The extension seems to be generating the older version of ANTLR whereas the python runtime is newer. All I needed to solve this was to rerun the Java ANTLR in my directory and the warning (it was a warning for me probably) disappeared.