need faster way to iteratively change and test new target Sv.stg

Moof

Dec 1, 2022, 9:42:06 PM12/1/22
to antlr-discussion
I have been working my way through converting Java.stg to Sv.stg for SystemVerilog and have a lot done.  I am able to compile simple things like the XxxParserBaseListener.sv

But, I am real tired of waiting for
mvn -DskipTests install

to recompile the target languages after stg changes.
Please provide faster way to compile, and test, if possible, maybe without rebuilding antlr4-4.11.2-SNAPSHOT-complete.jar

I am using IntelliJ to run
antlr4-4.11.2-SNAPSHOT-complete.jar -Dlanguage=Sv  TestLexer.g4 TestParser.g4 -o generated

Please help.

eric vergnaud

Dec 2, 2022, 3:12:42 AM12/2/22
to antlr-discussion
Hi,

the mvn build is only necessary when building the project for the first time.
Once that is done, you should create a test suite in the runtime-tests project, and run them from IntelliJ directly.
I suggest you look for a training for developing and running tests in IntelliJ, this is not an antlr topic.

Eric

Terence Parr

Dec 2, 2022, 1:12:38 PM12/2/22
to ad...@prompto.cloud, antlr-discussion
And once it has built, you can just tweak the template files all you want and hit the run button on a unit test or other tool execution. It will then run the latest build with your new template
Ter

Dictation in use. Please excuse homophones, malapropisms, and nonsense.