ANTLRWorks 2 and Netbeans 8

Sérgio Saquetim

May 7, 2014, 12:15:42 AM5/7/14
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to install ANTLRWorks 2 plugin in Netbeans 8?

The plugin is listed as compatible in the Netbeans Plugin Portal but i get a dependency error on module Editor Settings during the installation.

Thanks,

Sérgio

Vladimír Duša

May 12, 2014, 5:18:27 AM5/12/14
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sérgio,

I have the same question. Did you find an answer already?

Thank you very much
Best regards

Vladimír

Sérgio Saquetim

May 15, 2014, 1:07:09 AM5/15/14
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Hello Wladimir,

Unfortunately not! My best guess is that the plugin was hard wired to a specific version of the dependency in Netbeans and hasn't been updated to the current version.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to install it.

Best regards

Sérgio

Sam Harwell

May 15, 2014, 7:21:17 AM5/15/14
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
The plugin should be available in the NetBeans update center (Tools -> Plugins) without any extra configuration (i.e. No changes required on the Settings tab). If that doesn't work, I'll need to examine it after May 21.

Sam

Sérgio Saquetim

May 15, 2014, 9:00:16 AM5/15/14
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sam,

I was trying to install it at home with no success. Just tried at work and I've managed to get it easily installed using Tools -> Plugins.

I'll try again at home later with a fresh install of Netbeans 8.

Thank you for your support!

Sérgio

Sérgio Saquetim

May 15, 2014, 10:22:14 AM5/15/14
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam, unfortunately the plugin stopped working.

After applying automatic updates at work, the plugin stopped working:

ANTLR-NetBeans Framework - The module Editor Options was requested in implementation version "201403101706" but only "201405051654" was found.
ANTLRWorks Editor - The module Editor Options was requested in implementation version "201403101706" but only "201405051654" was found.

It seems that my Netbeans at home was more updated than at work. I'm guessing that due to the way the version required is being specified it will break every time the module Editor Options be updated.

Thanks,

Sérgio

Alexandre Pereira Nunes

May 31, 2014, 3:50:43 PM5/31/14
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
That happened to me quite a few times on netbeans 7.x too and now on 8.0.

Shivanand Velmurugan

May 31, 2014, 3:54:49 PM5/31/14
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam,

Is the source available somewhere, that one of us can fix this? Or is the license restrictive?

-Shiva

Andrew Campbell

Jun 2, 2014, 7:46:11 PM6/2/14
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sam,

FYI, I am also having trouble installing the plugin through the update center. I get an error message when trying to install from the update center:

"Some plugins require plugin Editor Options to be installed.
The plugin Editor Options is requested in implementation version 201403101706.

The following plugin is affected:
      ANTLRWorks Editor"

Netbeans 8.0
Build: 201403101706

Sam Harwell

Jun 2, 2014, 8:25:51 PM6/2/14
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com

Hi Andrew,

Oracle released an incompatible update to NetBeans 8.0 without incrementing the version number. There is no way to distinguish between 8.0 and 8.0 Update in the plugin portal, and there is no way for a single ANTLRWorks distribution to support both of those releases. For the time being, the build of ANTLRWorks distributed through the update center is compatible with the NetBeans 8.0 installers that you can download from netbeans.org. Furthermore, since there is no downloadable version of the NetBeans 8.0 Update available, it is not easy to instruct the ANTLRWorks build to target that updated release specifically. I have requested additional information regarding distribution of an extension to support the public distribution as well as the optional update, but I have not heard back.

Thanks,

Sam

Andrew Campbell

Jun 2, 2014, 9:43:01 PM6/2/14
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Sam. If I understand you correctly, there is currently no option for using Netbeans 8.0.

I appreciate the quick reply.

Sam Harwell

Jun 2, 2014, 9:56:33 PM6/2/14
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com

Hi Andrew,

ANTLRWorks 2.2.2 which is available through the NetBeans Update Center works with the version of NetBeans 8.0 you can download from netbeans.org. If you update your copy of the NetBeans 8.0 editor components using the update center after installing it, you will no longer be able to install or use the 8.0 release of ANTLRWorks.

Javad Chamanara

Jun 18, 2014, 10:03:22 AM6/18/14
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Is there any way to downgrade the conflicting updates and return to the working state before the upgrade?