Status of ANTLRworks

trijezdci

Nov 30, 2012, 5:40:10 PM11/30/12
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am trying to run the parser that ANTLRworks 1.4.3 generates for a grammar it verifies as correct without any conflicts.

With an earlier version of AW, the same grammar and input yielded the desired results: I could watch AW parse the input and build a parse tree. However, with this (apparently latest) version of AW, the generated parser appears to crash: AW opens a window "Compiler failed with result code 1" showing two buttons "Show Console" and "OK". The AW console then shows a long list of errors, all of which appear to be Java syntax errors for the generated parser. I don't have any embedded Java in my grammar, so these errors can only be about the code that ANTLR generates from the grammar. Since the grammar verifies as correct, further considering that this worked before, it would appear that AW is now broken.

Can somebody confirm this, or is there something new I need to do before I can run the generated parser?

any insights appreciated.

Jim Idle

Dec 2, 2012, 9:22:18 PM12/2/12
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Did you try deleting the output directory completely and letting it start again?

trijezdci

Dec 2, 2012, 9:29:18 PM12/2/12
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
This conversation is locked