Oracle uses ANTLR within SQL Developer

Jan Vervecken

Aug 12, 2016, 2:10:05 AM8/12/16
to antlr-discussion
hi

it says
"... Oracle uses ANTLR within SQL Developer IDE and their migration tools. ..."

Does anyone know about any ANTLR grammars (SQL, PL/SQL, ...) that Oracle may have made available somewhere?

but that currently does not seem complete (and is not from Oracle).

Many thanks.
Jan Vervecken

Jan Vervecken

Aug 12, 2016, 2:14:58 AM8/12/16
to antlr-discussion
fyi

Regards,
Jan Vervecken

Mike Lischke

Aug 12, 2016, 3:16:21 AM8/12/16
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jan,

Does anyone know about any ANTLR grammars (SQL, PL/SQL, ...) that Oracle may have made available somewhere?

And I'm currently working on the ANLTR4 grammar for MySQL.

but that currently does not seem complete (and is not from Oracle).

Same for MySQL, which is highly incomplete.

Jan Vervecken

Aug 12, 2016, 4:12:20 AM8/12/16
to antlr-discussion
Thanks for your reply Mike.

The scope of my question should probably be narrowed to "an ANTLR grammar for PL/SQL made available by Oracle".

Any pointers?

Many thanks.
Jan Vervecken

Jan Vervecken

Feb 28, 2017, 3:22:54 AM2/28/17
to antlr-discussion
hi

For your information.

In an Oracle service request (SR 3-14293816421) I asked for (an enhancement request for) a coherent formal grammar for plsql and/or sql.
The feedback I got from Oracle support was :
- The documentation team rejected my request for an enhancement request because my request was the only such request they got so far at Oracle.
- Because support considered this not a "pure technical bug/enhancement", no technical/development team could be bothered with this (because of "internal policy").

See also the discussion "coherent formal grammar for plsql and/or sql"

Regards
Jan Vervecken

Mike Lischke

Feb 28, 2017, 4:03:35 AM2/28/17
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jan,

For your information.

In an Oracle service request (SR 3-14293816421) I asked for (an enhancement request for) a coherent formal grammar for plsql and/or sql.
The feedback I got from Oracle support was :
- The documentation team rejected my request for an enhancement request because my request was the only such request they got so far at Oracle.
- Because support considered this not a "pure technical bug/enhancement", no technical/development team could be bothered with this (because of "internal policy").

See also the discussion "coherent formal grammar for plsql and/or sql"

My focus has exclusively been on a 100% complete MySQL grammar, so I cannot say anything about a grammar for PL/SQL. If the grammar directory doesn't contain anything useful then there is probably no public grammar at all. Maybe it's time for you to sit down and create one ;-)