JavaCup to Antlr grammar translator?

rla...@basis.com

May 15, 2013, 8:17:11 AM5/15/13
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm a newbie to language definitions, parsing, etc., but like antlr, intuitively, and bought the Antlr 4 Reference book to get my feet wet.

The company I work for has a domain specific language defined a long time ago in JavaCup format that I would like to convert to antlr, so I can look at it using antlrworks, for example. It is rather large and appears to me to be pretty complex. So that I don't have to learn the cup format, does anyone know of a grammar translator that could help me convert at least a bulk of it to antlr?

Thank you.

Jim Idle

May 15, 2013, 10:47:16 PM5/15/13
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
I suggest that you don't start with something as large as this - pick out a few easy to parse languages and write grammars from scratch.

I don't think that there are any converters, but if you first produce a few simple grammars from scratch, I think that you would find it easier to write a CUP input file grammar, then from that create your own converter - this would teach you a lot more than trying to slog through a manual conversion and you would have a more accurate translation in the end.

Jim

Ibrahim Shiyam

Aug 29, 2014, 10:00:15 PM8/29/14
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com, rla...@basis.com
Have you managed to find or write a toold to convert a JavaCUP file to an ANTLR file? right now I'm desperate to get one.

thankyou

Ralph Lance

Sep 1, 2014, 5:51:24 AM9/1/14
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com, rla...@basis.com
Unfortunately, no and my priorities (not my interest!) have taken me away from pursuing this further at this time.