XtextDay - San Francisco

Sven Efftinge

Feb 8, 2015, 9:25:33 AM2/8/15
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know that there will be a one-day event on Xtext in San Francisco on March 11.

In case you don't know, Xtext is an Antlr-based language framework, that provides you with all the aspects needed for a fully-fledged programming language.
With very little programming you even get an advanced Eclipse plug-in (IntelliJ IDEA and web-support coming soon). It's open source of course.

The event is co-located with EclipseCon, but you can register for the XtextDay only. It usually is 200$ but with the coupon code 'Xtext140' you get 30% off.

Here's the website : xtextday.org

Would be great to see some of you there!

Cheers,
Sven

Mike Cargal

Feb 8, 2015, 11:50:11 AM2/8/15
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested in finding more on the coming web-support.  I looked around the site and forums, but couldn't find anything about it.  Can someone provide a pointer to where I can learn a bit more about anticipated web support (perhaps even anticipated timelines?)

Sven Efftinge

Feb 9, 2015, 1:53:17 AM2/9/15
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
It's under development but without a concrete release date. So far we have built various prototypes. One of them is for the xrobots game, which is playable with the real robots at xtextday but you can play around with the editor anytime online : xrobots.itemis.com. It's still a bit rough, but it does the typical things like content assist, syntax coloring, error markers and hovers.

We want to release something this year during the summer time, but no promises. It will primarily focus on text widgets embedded in any kind of web application and it will only need a Java backend for the IDE services. Would that be sufficient for your use case or are you looking for a full blown IDE in the web (i.e. similar to https://codenvy.com)?

Sven

Mike Cargal

Feb 9, 2015, 4:45:54 AM2/9/15
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
I'm more interested in an IDE on the web (in my case the source code IDE is just one facet of the UI).

Thanks for the info though.