Errors accumulation which are generated from parser at run time

dioode

Aug 28, 2013, 6:18:43 AM8/28/13
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
I have posted this as a question on Stack Overflow here. I have upgraded my grammar to ANTLR 4 form 3. Thanks for the help and appreciate it a lot. I would like to know the best options that are available in ANTLR 4 to address my issue.

My final goal is to provide customized user friendly error messages when parsed an input using my parser. What is the best way of achieving this in ANTLR 4. In ANTLR 4 the error messages are not descriptive because to be more general as possible to preserve the dependability.

Other than in ANTLR 3, there are generated classes base listeners, base visitors, Listener and Visitor other than Parser and Lexer classes. I would like to know what is the use of these classes in terms of achieving my task.
Thank you,

Sam Harwell

Aug 28, 2013, 7:33:53 AM8/28/13
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com

I posted my answer at Stack Overflow.

Sam

Diyoda Sajjana

Aug 28, 2013, 11:13:23 AM8/28/13
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam,

I have some confusion with the lexer error accumulating. I am trying to do the same thing to accumulate lexer errors. But it is not working as expected but I could not find the reason for that. Please see the errors here in the question I posed. Thanks you.

Diyoda Sajjana Mannapperuma
Undergraduate
University of Moratuwa.

Jim Idle

Aug 28, 2013, 9:20:08 PM8/28/13
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com, antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Stack overflow still sucks more than anything which has sucked before. :(

;)

Diyoda Sajjana

Aug 29, 2013, 10:56:54 AM8/29/13
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com