Could not deserialize ATN with UUID

Alex Crowley

Aug 10, 2020, 2:12:57 PM8/10/20
to antlr-discussion
I am getting this error: "Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: java.io.InvalidClassException: org.antlr.v4.runtime.atn.ATN; Could not deserialize ATN with UUID 59627784-3be5-417a-b9eb-8131a7286089 (expected aadb8d7e-aeef-4415-ad2b-8204d6cf042e or a legacy UUID)."
I've seen the exact same error posted in other forums, is there any knowledge of what causes this error, or how to resolve it?
A different forum cited a "versioning conflict" but did not go into detail.

Thank you!

Mike Cargal

Aug 12, 2020, 3:15:10 PM8/12/20
to ANTLR List
Do you know what you’re trying to do when this happens?  I’d guess from the error, that you may have tried to use Java Serialization to save off the ATN (in one version of ANTLR) and then tried to read it back in in another version of ANTLR (and with different serialization UUIDs, Java will fail it.). Not sure why you’d want to do that, so you may need to elaborate more and perhaps we can assist with another approach.