CFP Digital Classicist London 2024

Gabriel Bodard

Feb 26, 2024, 3:00:13 AMFeb 26
to Antiquist

The Digital Classicist London seminar invites proposals for the Summer 2024 series. We are looking for seminars on any aspect of the ancient or pre-colonial worlds, including history, archaeology, language, literature, cultural heritage or reception, that address innovative digital approaches to research, teaching, dissemination or engagement. We are particularly interested in proposals for seminars that think about digital capital, models of labour and credit, and community engagement with heritage and antiquity.

Seminars will be held fortnightly through June and July in the Institute of Classical Studies, Senate House, London, and will be simultaneously streamed to remote audiences on Youtube, but we hope most speakers will be physically present in London. We have a small budget to support travel for speakers within the UK.

Please send an abstract of 300 words to <gabriel...@sas.ac.uk> (clearly marked Digital Classicist London​) by the end of Sunday March 17, 2024.

Organisers:
Katherine Shields
Gabriel Bodard

--
Dr Gabriel BODARD (he/him)
Reader in Digital Classics

Director of Studies (research): Digital Humanities Research Hub
Director of Studies (research): Institute of Classical Studies

Mailing address:
  Institute of Classical Studies
  University of London
  Senate House
  Malet Street
  London WC1E 7HU

Especially at the moment, I may email at odd hours of the day and night/days of the week. I do not ever expect a reply outside of your working hours.