Join a survey on temporal vagueness within historical datasets (by 10 June)

Go S

May 31, 2022, 5:33:37 AM5/31/22
to Antiquist
Dear Antiquist members,

I am Go Sugimoto, a researcher in Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. I am writing this message in order to ask you a little favour to help Fabian, a Master student under my supervision, for a 10-minutes survey about temporal vagueness within historical datasets in relation to the Semantic Web technologies. If you have some experience and interest of using such datasets, I would like to kindly invite you to participate in the survey (please see below). In addition, it is highly appreciated if you can forward this message to your relevant colleagues, so that Fabian can prepare a good-quality thesis. Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Go Sugimoto

Hello dear research network members!

My name is Fabian Witeczek and I am conducting research for my master thesis.
It concerns temporal vagueness within historical datasets(specifically Europeana and BiographyNet) and the problems that come along with it.

I will create a new data model that is capable of representing different types of temporal vagueness (or: vague dates). It takes about 10 minutes to complete the survey and would help me to pinpoint the most acute problems when working with such temporally vague data. Based on these insights, I will be able to define the most important design decisions for my data model.

Here is the link to my survey, I will gladly accept answers until the 10th of June.  If you have any doubts or questions, feel free to contact me via mail: f.m.wi...@student.vu.nl

Thank you for your help in advance!
Fabian Witeczek