VRML is alive again!

Roger Kaufman

Jul 19, 2023, 9:35:20 AM7/19/23
to anti...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Vladimir Bulatov alerted me to a javascript html based vrml system.
Vladimir says it runs most everything he had from 20 years ago unchanged.

I have made a test page and viewer.

https://www.interocitors.com/polyhedra/x3dview/x3d_test/index.html

Roger

Ashok Mathur

Jul 19, 2023, 11:37:44 AM7/19/23
to anti...@googlegroups.com
I used to follow a Mr Bultaov in early 2000s.
Is it the same gentleman?
Regards
--
Antiprism Site:  http://www.antiprism.com
---

Ashok Mathur

Jul 19, 2023, 12:42:19 PM7/19/23
to anti...@googlegroups.com
It’s the same person.
I was fascinated with the Cartona viewer and the as very said when it as killed.
Regards

Roger Kaufman

Jul 19, 2023, 12:59:47 PM7/19/23
to anti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ashok,

On 7/19/2023 12:42 PM, 'Ashok Mathur' via antiprism wrote:
> I was fascinated with the Cartona viewer and the as very said when it
> as killed.

I was just informed of this yesterday. I don't know how anyone would
find this otherwise...

If you had Cortona installed under IE and are now at Windows 11 (or
otherwise forced to use Edge now), it was not deleted.

Find a vrml link, this page will do.

https://www.interocitors.com/polyhedra/UCs/index.html

In Edge, hover the mouse over a "wrl" link and press the right mouse
button for the popup menu. Choose "open link in new Internet Explorer
mode tab".

Then the vrml model will open in Cortona.

Roger

P.S. If you didn't have cortona installed I'm curious if it can even be
installed now. I have a Windows 11 laptop that doesn't have it. I will
try this later.

https://www.cortona3d.com/en/cortona3d-viewers-windows

Roger Kaufman

Jul 20, 2023, 4:11:59 AM7/20/23
to anti...@googlegroups.com

On 7/19/2023 12:59 PM, Roger Kaufman wrote:
> P.S. If you didn't have cortona installed I'm curious if it can even
> be installed now. I have a Windows 11 laptop that doesn't have it. I
> will try this later.
>
> https://www.cortona3d.com/en/cortona3d-viewers-windows

The install worked. I am able to run Cortona on the Windows 11 notebook.

It requires special menu handling and dialog screen for every vrml I
would want to look at so its not the best solution. But it works.

Roger