webview python program version 1.1

1 view

Roger Kaufman

May 23, 2023, 3:45:25 PM5/23/23
to anti...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I've release version 1.1 of the Python based method to view local OFF
files online.

There is now nothing to change in the program (except probably for Wagyx
who is running conda), or for users that want to specify a different
default browser or url instead of using the command line options.

One difference is using the built in python temporary directory
facility. I creates the temporary directory then cleans up at the end.
Previous required edits are now parameterized.

The zip file will be downloaded via a google drive accessed from the web
page.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Release notes

Version 1.1
05-23-23 Roger Kaufman <polyhed...@gmail.com>
         Changes
            Removed formerly required customization
            Use Python TemporaryDirectory() for temporary working directory
            Added -sleep parameter for use as server time extension
            Added -url parameter to choose between viewer pages
            Added -browser parameter to choose between browsers
            Added path for google chrome as is in Ubuntu 22.04
            webview.desktop requires no customization, standard icon
            webview.png and webview.ico for icons are included
            check for null input

https://www.interocitors.com/polyhedra/webview/index.html

Roger