Newbie Asks How To Get Started ?

Joe Gancher

Oct 28, 2023, 7:33:19 AM10/28/23
to antiprism
I installed Win64 antiprism. When i open it, I get a Command Window.

How do I get started ? I read the readme.txt file but it was over my head. Is there a beginners help manual or some tutorial ? I want to design geodesic domes.

Thanks.

Adrian Rossiter

Oct 28, 2023, 10:45:59 AM10/28/23
to antiprism
Hi Joe
Antiprism is a collection of command line programs, and you can run
them by typing commands into the Command window that opened (which is
configured to be able to run the programs by name).

You can get started by copy-pasting example commands into this window

https://www.antiprism.com/examples/100_demonstration_models/imagelist.html
https://www.antiprism.com/examples/150_named_models/570_geodesic/imagelist.html
https://www.antiprism.com/examples/200_programs/650_geodesic/imagelist.html

The help page for each program also includes examples, e.g.

https://www.antiprism.com/programs/geodesic.html

The programs are directed towards mathematical polyhedra, and so if you
are interested in building geodesic domes then Antiprism will only be
part of the solution (e.g. for vertex coordinates, distance between
vertices, dihedral angles).

Adrian.
--
Adrian Rossiter
adr...@antiprism.com

Ashok Mathur

Oct 28, 2023, 11:00:38 AM10/28/23
to anti...@googlegroups.com
Dear Joe,
Adrian s being modest.
There is a learning curve to command line prompts. But after you have learnt the command line prompts, you will get into very powerful and rich set of tools to model whatever you like to a very High precision.
Regards

--
Antiprism Site:  http://www.antiprism.com
---