AI Polyhedra

Roger Kaufman

Nov 12, 2023, 10:14:42 AM11/12/23
to anti...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Most of you know about the sudden surge in AI applications in the last
few months. Microsoft has furnished an interface to the DALL-E image
maker through their Bing browser.

I've entered a few prompts on polyhedra and I'm trying to get it to just
make convex models. But the wording has to be just right. (I've seen
experts do prompts which can be quite long like a paragraph)

The prompt I used here was "An asymmetrical convex polyhedron with 100
planar solid plastic faces each a different color"

Well its not purely convex but it has an interesting pattern of
hexagons. I don't know if it can be all hexagons like it appears, but
perhaps the symmetry is dihedral.

Roger

ai_polyhedron1.jpg

Adrian Rossiter

Nov 12, 2023, 10:36:09 AM11/12/23
to anti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rpger

On Sun, 12 Nov 2023, Roger Kaufman wrote:
> The prompt I used here was "An asymmetrical convex polyhedron with 100 planar
> solid plastic faces each a different color"
>
> Well its not purely convex but it has an interesting pattern of hexagons. I
> don't know if it can be all hexagons like it appears, but perhaps the
> symmetry is dihedral.

There seems to be at least 100 pyramids on the front side. At the edge
you can see the arrangement looking less regular. Maybe you could ask
to see it from several angles!

Adrian.
--
Adrian Rossiter
adr...@antiprism.com

Roger Kaufman

Nov 13, 2023, 12:24:19 PM11/13/23
to anti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adrian,

On 11/12/2023 10:36 AM, Adrian Rossiter wrote:
There seems to be at least 100 pyramids on the front side. At the edge
you can see the arrangement looking less regular. Maybe you could ask
to see it from several angles!

It doesn't seem to know anything about geometry. The pictures it creates are nice, but abstract. Getting a good picture is luck of the draw.

When I reduced the prompt to 50 faces it still puts them all on the front. Its kind of literal.

Trying to use names, even simple ones wouldn't work correctly. "A Cuboctahedron made of chestnut hardwood"

Here is "A Dodecahedron display on a computer screen using Antiprism software". This is often how it draws models, sort of a webbing. When it puts words on things they are generally jibberish, but sometimes it will make them from the prompt.

Finally something with more recognizable models. This was simply "Various polyhedra models"

That's all for now.

Roger

Adrian Rossiter

Nov 14, 2023, 2:27:07 AM11/14/23
to anti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roger

On Mon, 13 Nov 2023, Roger Kaufman wrote:
> It doesn't seem to know anything about geometry. The pictures it creates are
> nice, but abstract. Getting a good picture is luck of the draw.
> Finally something with more recognizable models. This was simply "Various
> polyhedra models"

I get a "What am I looking at?" reaction with all the images. They are
certainly thought provoking!

Roger Kaufman

Dec 13, 2023, 3:41:01 PM12/13/23
to anti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adrian,

On 11/14/2023 2:27 AM, Adrian Rossiter wrote:
I get a "What am I looking at?" reaction with all the images. They are
certainly thought provoking!

Most of the time I don't get any symmetry from these pictures. Over all it seems to be luck of the draw but here is one that did. The prompt was

An art deco Dodecahedron in lime green porcelain with chrome edges on a marble counter top. But its not even a dodecahedron lol

Roger