Bug found in Simple Off Viewer

Roger Kaufman

May 21, 2023, 2:07:48 PM5/21/23
to anti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wagyx,

I found a strange bug with the online viewer. If uncolored elements in
an off file are encountered first in an off file, the colored elements
encountered later slide onto the previous uncolored ones. This happens
for vertices, edges and faces.

This also happens in your viewer.

off_color -v none -e none -f none pri5 | off_trans -T -1,0,0 > pri5.off

off_color -v yellow -e darkgreen -f red pri3 | off_trans -T 1,0,0 > pri3.off

off_util pri5.off pri3.off > model3.off

However if the model with no colors is last it doesn't seem to be a problem.

off_util pri3.off pri5.off > model3a.off

zip files of these two model scenes is attached.

Roger
bug.zip

Wagyx Xygaw

May 22, 2023, 4:34:27 PM5/22/23
to antiprism
Hi Roger,
The bug is fixed and committed.

Roger Kaufman

May 22, 2023, 5:45:14 PM5/22/23
to anti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wagyx,

I put those files in and its working. Thank you!

One other question, when invisible edges and vertices are invisible the viewer doesn't show them which is perfect. But did we decide not to do that with faces? That is, faces with color 0,0,0,0 show as black. They could have the same policy as edges and vertices.

Example attached.

Roger
icube.zip

Wagyx Xygaw

May 23, 2023, 2:37:47 AM5/23/23
to anti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roger,
The bug is fixed and committed.
Thank you for reporting all these issues.

--
Antiprism Site: http://www.antiprism.com
---