Formats for import (open) and export?

Doug Hutcheson

Nov 29, 2016, 9:12:38 PM11/29/16
to antimony-dev
I am interested in the ability of Animony to extrude in negative z direction, as this would solve a problem for me. However, I have the input in various formats (DXF, STL etc) and the system I would pass the output to accepts a limited range of formats.

The input problem would go away if I could work out how to insert text in a given font - any chance?

Kind regards,
Doug

Matthew Keeter

Nov 30, 2016, 9:02:14 PM11/30/16
to antimony-dev
(forgot to cc list)

This is going to be tricky, as Antimony doesn’t have native support for common font formats (or meshes!);
in addition, Antimony's internal representation of solids doesn’t lend itself to playing nice with boundary
representations.

I’d look into something like MeshMixer, which is happy doing CSG on meshes.

Regards,
Matt