request for help with export

Stefan Großhauser

Sep 19, 2019, 3:41:13 AM9/19/19
to antimony-dev

Hello antimony friends,

I have finally had a need to draw an object for 3d printing, und decided to let it be my first drawing with antimony.
So in case you would like to give advice how I could have achieved more antimonish here or there, I am eager to know.

Now I realize, my computer is quite old and for the export it is really really slow because of the large memory consumption (even swapping a little, I think), I am also seeing a segfault sometimes (being on the develop branch), and even if it finishes (e.g. with 10 voxels per unit and detection), the result has nothing to do with my model (I am seeing just a long cylinder instead, which is a bit weird...).

That is why I am asking you for help:
Could some friendly person with more potent hardware be so kind and make an .stl out of my .sb and send it to me?
The .sb can be downloaded from wetransfer for 7 days: https://we.tl/t-WNOaD4jCJn

I do not really now which "voxels per unit" is a good setting here. nothing tremendous needed, I guess. The thing is drawn with unit=mm in mind.

I would very much appreciate your help, as it would allow me to make the print.

Thank you very much already in advance!
Stefan