lib/graph

Mark Melvin

Feb 27, 2019, 8:22:01 PM2/27/19
to antimony-dev
Hi There,

I am intrigued by the lib/graph portion of Antimony (as described here: https://www.mattkeeter.com/projects/graph/) and I am thinking of leveraging it for a project I am embarking on based on Python and Qt5.  I was just wondering if there was a newer version of this component in another successor project, or if I should start here.

Thanks in advance.  Your work is always fascinating, Matt.

Best Regards,
Mark

Matthew Keeter

Feb 27, 2019, 8:58:46 PM2/27/19
to Mark Melvin, antimony-dev
Hi Mark,

That’s the right place to start!  I’ve done a bit of graph-related work that’s post-Antimony, but none of it is as solid a foundation.

For completeness, here are the other projects:

Here, I porting Antimony’s graph engine to Scheme as a pedagogic exercise.  This graph engine has the same power as Antimony’s but is minimal in other respects (e.g. no UI bindings).

This is a blog post about doing graph computations with one more level of abstraction, i.e. making the canonical “circle” something that could be edited (and then instanced).  It turned into Straylight, then abandoned for libfive, which doesn’t have a data-flow graph.  This more powerful abstraction is interesting to think about, but I don’t trust that my implementation properly handled all corner cases.

I’d love to see the graph engine pulled out into something standalone – let me know how things go, and I’ll drop a link in the README.

Regards,
Matt

Mark Melvin

Feb 27, 2019, 10:29:01 PM2/27/19
to Matthew Keeter, antimony-dev
Awesome. Thanks, Matt! I'll let you how I make out. Thanks for the quick reply.

Mark