FabAcademy tutorial: Antimony Tabs

Peter Felecan

Jul 26, 2016, 7:49:09 AM7/26/16
to antimony-dev
I'm trying to learn Antimony and I'm following the FabAcademy tutorials.

However, I do not obtain the required result. when I'm following Antimony Tabs tutorial.

The first obstacle was that the terminology in 2015 is different from that of today, e.g., "iterate" is "array", but that is surmounted with help from Matthew.

The second obstacle is that the result is not the same whatever I try.

I'm attaching my working file in the hope that some kind soul directs me toward a solution.

Note that I'm using 0.9.2 as packaged for Debian.

Tabs-tutorial.sb

Matthew Keeter

Jul 27, 2016, 1:08:51 AM7/27/16
to Peter Felecan, antimony-dev
The issue is that you used a “Rectangle (center)” node instead of a “Rectangle (corner)”
node in your cutout object.  That tutorial dates back to when there were only corner-defined
rectangles, so the distinction didn’t exist.

I’ve attached a fixed version of your file, which looks the same as the tutorial’s results.

Regards,
Matt
Tabs-tutorial.sb

Peter Felecan

Jul 27, 2016, 3:47:26 AM7/27/16
to antimony-dev
Matt,

Thank you for the answer.

I'm quite sure that I've tried with "Rectangle (corner)" but it seems that I only dreamed of.

Seriously, I'm following the other tutorials from the FabAcademy and will come back if there are differences.

Also, it would be nice to update those tutorials, maybe integrate them in the project's documentation. From my point of view, the documentation is an area which needs reinforcement.