Experimental Windows build

Matthew Keeter

Jan 31, 2017, 9:24:23 AM1/31/17
to antimony-dev
Hi folks,

For those of you not following on Github, I recently succeeded in building Antimony on Windows!

Build instructions are here:

If you’re a Windows user, I’d appreciate you trying this out and giving feedback.

I’d also be very happy for a Windows guru to volunteer their packaging experience – having
an installer would be a huge step in usability over the build-by-hand instructions.

-Matt

Cris

Feb 12, 2017, 6:11:46 AM2/12/17
to antimony-dev
I successfully built this using the provided directions, with one expception. You might want to add make and cmake to the list of packages to be included in the line of requirements. I added that at one point, not sure if it was required.

JasonB

Feb 13, 2017, 1:21:50 PM2/13/17
to antimony-dev
I just tried building on 32 bit Windows 7 and couldn't complete the Boost install.  I fail at:
$ ./bootstrap.sh
Building Boost.Build engine with toolset ...
Failed to build Boost.Build build engine
Consult 'bootstrap.log' for more details
The rather unhelpful log is here.

My kcc version is 1.5.3

JasonB

Feb 13, 2017, 1:23:24 PM2/13/17
to antimony-dev
Forgot to mention, I also tried installing make and cmake as Cris suggested with no change.

Bud Ryan

Aug 22, 2017, 11:02:40 AM8/22/17
to antimony-dev
Trying to install on win 10 upgrade from win 7, 64 bit home built gaming machine. with your instructions I get down to, Then install Boost, downloaded V1.64 unziped in my C:\msys64 \username.
when I ran ./bootstrap.sh $ ./bootstrap.sh

Building Boost.Build engine with toolset ...
Failed to build Boost.Build build engine
Consult 'bootstrap.log' for more details

log is attached but it does not mean anything to me as I dont even know what KCC is.

I also installed Antimony on a older machine running LinuxMint 18.2 new install. The Linux instructions almost worked but was missing a Qt***GL file, when I installed that it installed. I have ran it, but it is useless to me as there are no help or instructions. I tryed  to follow your vid where you made the screwdriver handle but the menus have changed so nothing worked properly.

Bud

On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 6:24:23 AM UTC-8, Matthew Keeter wrote:
bootstrap.log

Matthew Keeter

Aug 22, 2017, 4:55:28 PM8/22/17
to Bud Ryan, antimony-dev
On the Windows side, I think that kcc is a compiler that it’s looking for.  I’m not sure why it’s looking for kcc instead of using gcc – are you sure that you installed mingw-w64-x86_toolchain?

If you can open a pull request for the missing Qt GL file, I’ll merge it in so others don’t run into the same issue.

As for documentation, this is probably the best place to get started:

Regards,
Matt

<bootstrap.log>

Bud Ryan

Aug 23, 2017, 1:15:47 PM8/23/17
to antimony-dev
I am still working on installing this on Win 10. I now think it is dying in the build bat, which is called from bootstrap.bat. files attached.
This program won't let me upload .bat files so I renamed them to .baa.

Bud -- me

On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 6:24:23 AM UTC-8, Matthew Keeter wrote:
bootstrap.sh
bootstrap.baa
build.baa
me-Bud.txt

Matthew Keeter

Aug 23, 2017, 7:53:58 PM8/23/17
to Bud Ryan, antimony-dev
Okay, I looked through those logs but don’t see anything obvious.

In general, I’m not going to be too helpful in debugging general Boost build issues; I’d suggest looking through the Boost documentation and directing your question to their mailing lists.

-Matt

<bootstrap.sh><bootstrap.baa><build.baa><me-Bud.txt>