EpubCheck SVG errors - "Hm, this error is a new one for us."

John Niernberger

Mar 7, 2024, 3:25:08 PMMar 7
to anthemion-jutoh
Hi Julian --

Me again.  One more question, so when I compile/check the final ePub, I'm getting a rather extensive list of bizarre errors with the SVG files (looks like some are Jutoh-generated SVGs from JPGs and some are ones I added).  The list below is all for one image, and each image has them.

I'm familiar with SVGs, so opened up a couple SVGs from the exported eBook in my code editor (Sublime) and these 'entities' are not present.  It looks to me like they're likely an internal Jutoh variable... but what do I know.  😁  I could optimize the SVGs but I did a test with one I added and there aren't significant changes to the markup.

Can I disregard or is this a sign something else is off?

Given the fact they say they're new, assuming perhaps the latter?

Thank you!

-=-=-=-=-

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(2,98): External identifiers must not appear in the document type declaration.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(60,31): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-model.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(65,33): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-attribs.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(72,33): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-framework.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(103,33): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-datatypes.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(197,29): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-qname.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(865,35): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-core-attrib.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(923,40): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-container-attrib.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(968,39): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-viewport-attrib.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(1018,36): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-paint-attrib.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(1139,38): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-opacity-attrib.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(1191,39): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-graphics-attrib.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(1268,40): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-docevents-attrib.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(1335,42): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-graphevents-attrib.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(1423,41): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-animevents-attrib.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(1480,36): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-xlink-attrib.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(1568,43): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-extresources-attrib.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(1612,33): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-structure.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(1961,35): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-conditional.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(2102,29): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-image.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(2203,29): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-style.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(2298,29): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-shape.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(2625,28): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-text.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(3061,30): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-marker.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(3204,31): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-profile.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(3285,32): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-gradient.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(3443,31): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-pattern.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(3578,28): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-clip.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(3687,28): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-mask.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(3828,30): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-filter.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(4643,30): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-cursor.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(4729,33): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-hyperlink.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(4860,28): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-view.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(4932,30): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-script.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(5003,33): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-animation.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(5289,28): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-font.mod.

ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/image0.svg(5675,37): External entities are not allowed in EPUB v3 documents. External entity declaration found: %svg-extensibility.mod.

Julian Smart

Mar 7, 2024, 4:02:31 PMMar 7
to anthemi...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

Strange - the attributes mentioned in the messages aren't creates directly by Jutoh, although it's possible that the JPEG to SVG converter is adding them. I'm surprised you can't see them in the SVG images though. I'll take a look if you want to send me a .jutoh project file, either the original one or a sample that shows the problem.

I don't know much about the workings of SVG unfortunately!

Thanks,

Julian

John Niernberger

Mar 7, 2024, 4:17:38 PMMar 7
to anthemi...@googlegroups.com

Will do, Julian —

I’ll send you the original shortly and attach the code from one of the small SVGs so you can see…

I appreciate it!

All the best,
john.