Send to Kindle is failing for Jutoh-generated files

Ihor Olkhovskyi

Dec 9, 2023, 5:59:56 PM12/9/23
to anthemion-jutoh
Hello!

I'm kinda new to Jutoh (and epub publishing as well), but usually along with other tests I do use test via "Send to Kindle" service by Amazon. It's the one that you send an epub file to email and than it appears on your Kindle.

I've tried to make a "test" preview book from docx file and generated epub with a format (style?) epub and Kindle.

I've also processed result files by Calibre, it found some errors, but could open them without issues.

Both files were failed to deliver to Kindle. As Amazon is not providing any error messages, just general "There were a problem..." I'm wondering, is there a recommended set of options to make it work?

Thanks in advance!

Julian Smart

Dec 9, 2023, 7:26:05 PM12/9/23
to Ihor Olkhovskyi, anthemion-jutoh
Hi Ihor,

Sorry to hear that - sometimes Amazon's servers do misfire, so waiting and trying again can help. However if it's not a glitch, I could perhaps take a look at your Jutoh project in case there's something unusual I can spot. I haven't had problems using email to send files to Kindle devices so you could try that instead of using the send to Kindle app.

Regards,

Julian

Ihor Olkhovskyi

Jan 8, 2024, 4:13:57 AMJan 8
to anthemion-jutoh
Just for the history,

Problem was in incorrectly set language in the book's metadata