forcing page break

Edward Reid

Jul 22, 2024, 3:20:12 AM (4 days ago) Jul 22
to Jutoh Group
I have a document with four short prefaces, so I want to avoid the page breaks before each. I created a new style "Heading for Preface", a clone of Heading 1 except with Page Break unchecked. Then I changed the style for those prefaces to Heading for Preface, and added a Heading 1 line before the first preface.

However, each preface heading still had Page Break in the paragraph formatting. At first I assumed it had simply retained this attribute form the previously assigned style, so I went through and unchecked it for each, but saw no change. Now I see that when I uncheck Page Break, OK, and immediately reopen the paragraph formatting, Page Break is already checked again. Seems my change simply isn't taking. Other changes to paragraph formatting do take.

Am I missing something? What's going on?

At this point, I don't even know if the background (first paragraph above) is relevant.

Edward

Julian Smart

Jul 22, 2024, 3:24:22 AM (4 days ago) Jul 22
to anthemi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Edward,

Unfortunately a limitation in Jutoh means it can't negate the presence of certain parent style attributes, including page break. So you would need to have a different parent class for "Heading for Preface" that doesn't include a page break.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Julian