Change OpenDocument launch program?

Jeff Baker

Dec 4, 2023, 10:15:58 PM12/4/23
to anthemion-jutoh
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to change the default program that opens an OpenDocument after Building and clicking Launch. Mine defaulted to Office 356 which was just a trial. I uninstalled it and want it to open with LibreOffice Writer when clicking Launch after Building from the Control Panel but for the life of me I can't find where that's set.

Julian Smart

Dec 5, 2023, 6:03:03 AM12/5/23
to anthemi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

There are two ways of doing associating a file extension with an application - (1) the default file type settings in Windows, and (2) if that doesn't work (or you need more flexibility) you can add a Helper within Jutoh.

(1) You could reinstall LibreOffice, or run its installer in case it has an option for just restoring file associations which I seem to recall it has. Or, you can use an article such as this for manually changing the association:

(2) Or, in Jutoh, click Options, then Helpers, then choose Opendocument text files (odt). Click Configure Viewers, then click Add and specify a name and the full path of the LibreOffice Writer executable, which you can find out by e.g. editing the properties of a shortcut to it on your desktop. You may need to clear "Show this command" for the "Default" command since otherwise you will get a menu of Default and the command you just added.

Regards,

Julian

On 05/12/2023 02:58, Jeff Baker wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to change the default program that opens an OpenDocument after Building and clicking Launch. Mine defaulted to Office 356 which was just a trial. I uninstalled it and want it to open with LibreOffice Writer when clicking Launch after Building from the Control Panel but for the life of me I can't find where that's set. --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "anthemion-jutoh" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/anthemion-jutoh/9e78143b-3670-4abe-94ca-c713fe58469an%40googlegroups.com.

Mark Lee

Dec 5, 2023, 8:53:25 AM12/5/23
to Jeff Baker, anthemion-jutoh
Sounds like you're on Windows? If you right click on an OpenDocument file and choose Properties, you should find something in the dialogue that gives you an option to select what application with which to create a default association. At least that's how it was last I used Windows and it's similar on GUI Linux distributions.

Regards.