TIP: 2793, Test spans have a non-standard size

Andrew Griffin

Jul 23, 2023, 12:31:02 PM7/23/23
to anthemion-jutoh
I'cew managed to resolve all the issues in my document in Jutoh when converting to Epub, except for the above TIP. The strange thing is that this warning lists 100% of my text as containing non-standard text size. According to Jutoh, it should be 12 point font, but all my text (except for chapter headings) is 12 point font according to the text properties and Styles. Does anyone have any insight for why this might be happening?

jutoh-tip2793.jpg

Julian Smart

Jul 23, 2023, 12:34:52 PM7/23/23
to Andrew Griffin, anthemion-jutoh
Hi Andrew,

If you click on the Styles tab and look at the description at the bottom, you may find that there is direct formatting that changes the text size. Failing that, please send me the Jutoh project file and I will investigate.

Thanks,

Julian

On Sun, 23 Jul 2023, 17:31 Andrew Griffin, <andrew....@gmail.com> wrote:
I'cew managed to resolve all the issues in my document in Jutoh when converting to Epub, except for the above TIP. The strange thing is that this warning lists 100% of my text as containing non-standard text size. According to Jutoh, it should be 12 point font, but all my text (except for chapter headings) is 12 point font according to the text properties and Styles. Does anyone have any insight for why this might be happening?

Andrew Griffin

Jul 23, 2023, 1:36:23 PM7/23/23
to anthemion-jutoh
Thanks for the quick reply. I checked the styles tab and selected each of the styles that I used and their parents that they were based on. I can't find anywhere in the description that would indicated a font size change. Should I send the file to the email address listed on the Jutoh site for direct questions or post it here?
Thanks!

Julian Smart

Jul 23, 2023, 1:37:51 PM7/23/23
to Andrew Griffin, anthemion-jutoh
Hi Andrew,

You can send it to me at jul...@anthemion.co.uk

Thanks,

Julian

Julian Smart

Jul 23, 2023, 5:51:22 PM7/23/23
to anthemi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the project file - it's a bug in Jutoh, because it doesn't apply the style defaults (which you can see by editing the style sheet properties in Project Properties/Styles) before checking the point size. This is just a warning thing and doesn't affect the actual output. You can suppress the warning by setting the Normal style point size to 12. I'll add it to my to-do list, to fix the check. Sorry about that!

Thanks,

Julian