Embedding fonts

Ihor Olkhovskyi

Jan 8, 2024, 4:24:43 AMJan 8
to anthemion-jutoh
Hello,

Just small question if I understood all correctly in a procedure of embedding custom fonts into a book.
Scenario is following:
1. I have a font I want to use in some specific places (actually Chapter headings)
2. If reader can't support this font (or just ignoring embedded fonts for whatever reason), just use some fallback generic one

So, I'm following these steps:

1. I'm embedding custom ttf font and it's appeared in Resoures section (Document - Font)
2. To select this font to be used in the book I have 2 options:
  2.1 Install this font system-wide and select it from Justoh formatting tab
  2.2 Select any other font installed on the system and use Font Substitutions to "replace" the font (during compilation time?)
3. No other "specific" options are needed like "Generate font names" etc

Am I right?

Thanks in advance,
Ihor

Julian Smart

Jan 8, 2024, 5:26:02 AMJan 8
to anthemi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ihor,

Absolutely right! Plus check the "Embed fonts" item in your configuration(s).

There is the command Format | Book | Embed Fonts, showing a wizard to help import fonts and associate them with fonts used in styles, but it sounds as though you're there already with the manual method.

Regards,

Julian