Jutoh 3 does not open as expected. Screen shot

Bruce Dickson

Nov 2, 2023, 10:58:55 PM11/2/23
to anthemi...@googlegroups.com
I've had Jutoh for ten years.  I've never seen it open like this and I cannot get to my project.  What am I missing?  Everything is clickable but the project files do not open.  It had been working pretty good on MacMini 2018 macosx Ventura.
Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 4.08.34 PM.png
Suggestions?

--
Bruce Dickson
Home: (626) 627-0296 in PST Pacific timezone

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work ~ Thomas Edison.

The opposite of bravery is not cowardice but conformity ~ Robert Anthony

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free and without responsibility ~ Goethe

Think about the kind of world you want to live and work in.  Demand your teachers teach you how to do that ~ Prince Peter Kropotkin

No pixels were harmed in the creation of this email. Made with only 100% Biodynamic, grass-fed pixels

Julian Smart

Nov 2, 2023, 11:08:31 PM11/2/23
to Bruce Dickson, anthemion-jutoh
Hi Bruce,

Unfortunately it looks as though the project has become corrupted as there is no content. It might be a disk drive problem, I don't know, but if your jutohbak file still exists it may be worth taking a copy and renaming the extension to jutoh. However it's likely to be corrupt too if you've tried to open it a second time.

It may be that the folder is being synchronised to the cloud and Jutoh hasn't detected it and edited in a temporary normal folder. In which case it's worth checking the Jutoh project preferences relating to cloud folder detection.

However, I fear the only recourse is to find a backup or recreate the Jutoh project from a previously generated Epub. Sorry!

Regards,

Julian

Bruce Dickson

Nov 3, 2023, 5:25:26 PM11/3/23
to jul...@anthemion.co.uk, anthemion-jutoh
Thanks for the tip! Very helpful.  Now I know what it means :)