Hanging headlines?

Seppo Niiranen

Nov 14, 2023, 10:58:19 AM11/14/23
to anthemion-jutoh
Hi, is it possible/simple to create styles for hanging headlines like:

Screenshot 3.png
So, H2 would be aligned left – Body would be indented left AND start at same line as H2. Hmmm? TIA!

Julian Smart

Nov 14, 2023, 1:40:10 PM11/14/23
to anthemi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Seppo,

Sorry - only by using a table with 2 columns, both cells being top-aligned.

Regards,

Julian

On 14/11/2023 15:58, Seppo Niiranen wrote:
> Hi, is it possible/simple to create styles for hanging headlines like:
>
> Screenshot 3.png
> So, H2 would be aligned left – Body would be indented left AND start
> at same line as H2. Hmmm? TIA!
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/anthemion-jutoh/2dc8faf9-731e-4721-8abc-130af3b8e41bn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/anthemion-jutoh/2dc8faf9-731e-4721-8abc-130af3b8e41bn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Antonio Costanzo

Nov 18, 2023, 6:24:05 AM11/18/23
to anthemion-jutoh
Hi Julian,

I found another way to obtain the thing which Seppo wished for.

You can share with Seppo the two files which I attach here. I’m not sure he can see my messages. The trick is to use a for the indented text a negative space before.

Kind regards,
Antonio
Hanging headlines_Epub3.epub
Hanging headlines.jutoh

Julian Smart

Nov 18, 2023, 10:28:57 AM11/18/23
to anthemi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Antonio,

That's an intriguing solution! It's a little sensitive to user text size
changes but it might work in most cases.

Thanks,

Julian