Preview screen

Clark

Mar 12, 2024, 4:54:28 PMMar 12
to anthemion-jutoh
I'm a former Vellum user. I gave up Vellum and moved to Jutoh b/c of Jutoh's much greater formatting capability. But one thing Vellum has that Jutoh doesn't have is a preview screen. It is true that in Jutoh you can select Book Preview, but you have to move to another screen and then the margins extend to length of computer monitor, i.e., there's no page view, and it also doesn't show you how your text will look on different devices.

To get a true preview on Jutoh, you have to export to epub or Kindle and then open in Apple Books or Kindle Previewer. But this is time consuming.

I'm wondering if there's a chance Jutoh will have a preview screen in a future update that is similar to Vellum or even Atticus?

Julian Smart

Mar 12, 2024, 5:02:27 PMMar 12
to anthemi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Clark,

Sorry about the lack of paged preview. However I think it unlikely I could ever reproduce all the quirks and features of each device or app, and calculating pagination would be tricky. I don't think it's too bad compiling and viewing on the viewing software you have installed, and at least you know that it's going to be reliable compared with anything Jutoh could emulate. Jutoh sticks to what it does best, and unfortunately that's not the rendering side of things.

So alas I don't have plans to do anything in that area - apologies!

Regards,

Julian