&amp special char in HTB

CHM

Nov 17, 2023, 12:42:53 PM11/17/23
to anthemion-jutoh
Hi Julian,
just noticed a leftover/untranslated &amp in an HTB file when viewed with the HTB help viewer.
FWIW, the issue shows both under Windows as well a Mint
wxWgGelp-ampersand.jpg

Julian Smart

Nov 17, 2023, 3:07:26 PM11/17/23
to anthemi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

That's curious - I've just added an "&" between "Paragraph" and
"Formatting" in the Formatting Sample, and it shows as "&" in the help
viewer. That is, the help viewer is correctly interpreting the "&"
as "&", at least for me on my machine. I wonder if a newer version of
wxWidgets (and helpview) is behaving differently, somehow, and failing
to interpret the contents titles as HTML. I'm not entirely sure how to
debug that one as I can't reproduce it here.

Regards,

Julian
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/anthemion-jutoh/a3db7012-e13b-495d-81a9-5df8248b9f06n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/anthemion-jutoh/a3db7012-e13b-495d-81a9-5df8248b9f06n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Julian Smart

Nov 17, 2023, 3:40:42 PM11/17/23
to anthemi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for sending me your project file.

The problem is that one of the contents entries, as seen in Project
Properties/Indexes/Contents/Entries, has HTML, and so that "&amp;" gets
converted to HTML again. None of these entries should contain HTML, and
you can achieve this by building a TOC checking "Use document depth" in
the TOC wizard (Format | Book | Build Table of Contents).

Regards,

Julian