clear direct formatting selectively?

Seppo Niiranen

Oct 30, 2023, 1:50:04 PM10/30/23
to anthemion-jutoh
Hi, is there away to remove direct formatting selectively, i.e.:
As there always is some formatting present in imported word files I would like to remove text size attributes but keep italics.
Is there a way t do that in Jutoh, or do I have to edit final epub code (which is not too hard either using BBEdit or similar)?

TIA // Seppo

Seppo Niiranen

Oct 30, 2023, 1:53:47 PM10/30/23
to anthemion-jutoh
or do I just set text to 12 pt and Times New Roman and Jutoh removes these values as they are default? (I think not)

Julian Smart

Oct 30, 2023, 2:33:33 PM10/30/23
to anthemi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Seppo,

It's best to set these values via named paragraph styles that you apply
(e.g. Body Text, Body Text First Indent and so on).

If you want to get rid of font/text size direct formatting - which may
be applied as well as named paragraph styles - you can use Format | Book
| Formatting Cleanup and check "Remove ad hoc font names from text" and
"Remove ad hoc point size from text".

Regards,

Julian
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/anthemion-jutoh/219d34cb-5085-4b55-a3e2-397f322ee10dn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/anthemion-jutoh/219d34cb-5085-4b55-a3e2-397f322ee10dn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Seppo Niiranen

Oct 31, 2023, 4:59:44 AM10/31/23
to anthemion-jutoh
Now that is one smart cleanup tool! Thank you!
I set main texts in paragraph styles and usually I would select all text and clear all direct formatting from Word imported text, but in this case there is a LOT of italics I prefer not to hunt and set one by one.

BW // Seppo