mxml caching?

Michael Prescott

Oct 22, 2009, 4:21:33 PM10/22/09
to Antennae Discussion
I've got a src and a test folder. In my src folder I have
MyCode.mxml. In my test folder I have MyCodeTest.mxml. When I run my
ant build for MyCodeTest.mxml it only re-compiles if MyCodeTest.mxml
has been changed. Quite often, I'm only changing MyCode.mxml. I'm
guess that antennae or mxmlc is caching the source code and comparing
before re-compiling. Is this true? Besides causing file changes with
small edits and undos to MyCodeTest.mxml how may I work-around this?

Daniel Rinehart

Oct 23, 2009, 11:00:49 PM10/23/09
to antennae-...@googlegroups.com
The mxmlc compiler doesn't by default check for modifications and skip
the compile so Antennae is the one causing the problems. By default
Antennae only checks the ${src.flex.dir} directory. If you are
directly bundling your src code into your test code you will want to
create a customized version of the flex-application-check target
(found in build-common-targets.xml) adding support for a second
directory to check in the uptodate. If you define the same target in
your build file it will override the default one. Hope that helps.

-- Daniel R. <dan...@neophi.com> [http://danielr.neophi.com/]