Inquiry about AntConc file conver

N AG

May 30, 2024, 10:42:05 AMMay 30
to ant...@googlegroups.com
Hello respected sir and fellows,

I am facing an issue when I convert my txt files in antconc converter. I have manually saved them earlier in plain file format. Now, I saw the opportunity of file converter and decided to use it. I followed all steps after watching tutorial from YouTube. But some files are shown by converter as "failed" 22 out of 40are failed. I opened them one by one and noticed extra spaces in the text. So, I removed it and uploaded again but same result. I have checked three times but do not know the reason of this error. I have attached the screenshot for you. Thanks.

Nadia.
IMG_20240530_193941.jpg

N AG

May 30, 2024, 10:46:31 AMMay 30
to ant...@googlegroups.com
The full screenshot of the error description in antconc conveter.
IMG_20240530_194519.jpg

Laurence Anthony

Jun 2, 2024, 6:48:40 AMJun 2
to AntConc-Discussion
Hi,

In the future, could you ask questions about AntFileConverter in the  AntFileConverter  discussion group?

To answer you question, I think your raw files are not utf-8 encoded text files. Also, if you raw files are utf-8 encoded text files, there is no reason to convert the files, because you can use them as is.

I should also add that AntConc can read many different file types (including Word, PDF, and utf-8 encoded text files), so I suspect that you don't need to use AntFileConverter at all.

Laurence.

N AG

Jun 2, 2024, 1:59:36 PMJun 2
to ant...@googlegroups.com
Respected sir,

Thank you so much for your response. Yes some of my files were not in UTF-8 format thatvs why I was facing that issue. Then I googled by specifying antconc Word and i found your answer on google and I fixed the issue.
I did not know this thing that each tool has seperate Group.
Many thanks for your help.

Nadia.