Inquiry about log likelihood And effect size

N AG

May 31, 2024, 4:05:43 AMMay 31
to ant...@googlegroups.com
Hello respected and fellows,

I was watching the antconc video tutorial by Sir Anthony posted one year ago for keyword feature. My question is how will I interpret that this log likelihood result is significant or insignificant and this effect size is strong? Is there any fix reading point or figure that help to interpret them? I haven't any statistical basic knowledge to decode the. Kindly guide me about these two features. I have attached the screenshot as well as link of your tutorial video where i have seen these features but you did not mention either results wer significant or Not. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20240531-125114.jpg

N AG

May 31, 2024, 7:45:17 AMMay 31
to ant...@googlegroups.com
Hello Respected sir and fellows,

Can anybody help me how to interpret the findings of log likelihood and effect columns while using Keywords analysis. I have attached the screenshot. Thanks in advance.

Nadia.
Screenshot_20240531-164316.jpg

N AG

May 31, 2024, 9:24:28 PMMay 31
to ant...@googlegroups.com
Hello Respected sir and fellows

In keyword Analysis, for log likelihood results antconc by default used 0.05 value and Dice option for effect settings. Now, I do not know how to interpret these results that what these readings are showing.
Many thanks.

Nadia.

Laurence Anthony

Jun 2, 2024, 6:44:19 AMJun 2
to AntConc-Discussion
Hi Nadia,

To understand the statistics used, I suggest you read my article below:

As for how to interpret the values, there was a recent discussion in the group about the meaning and interpretation of likelihood values and effect sizes. I suggest you read that.

Laurence.

N AG

Jun 2, 2024, 2:04:24 PMJun 2
to ant...@googlegroups.com
Sure sir, I will read now. I have already read one of your paper about these topics. May be this link will be the same. Thanks again for your reply.

Sir I have seen in antconc tutorial that we can hide and show tags by using global settings. I am using the latest version of antconc but I did not find the option to hide tags. There is only one option "type" that is not working. How can I see this option active? Or is it not availble in this version? Thanks in advance.

Nadia.

Laurence Anthony

Jun 2, 2024, 10:34:10 PMJun 2
to ant...@googlegroups.com
Dear Nadia,

You can now choose how to display your data in the tool settings. If you want to see both the word and the tag, choose the "Type+POS" option.

image.png

Laurence.