streamIdInUse

akbar butt

Feb 20, 2022, 8:10:15 PM2/20/22
to Ant Media Server
Hi

Suddenly we start getting the "streamIdInUse" error. The users try to close all the browsers etc but it did not work.

Temporarily we can resolve this by deleting the broadcast and re-initiate it but is there anything we can do instead of deleting the broadcast and re-create it?

Thanks
Akbar

Joe Suh

Feb 20, 2022, 11:01:52 PM2/20/22
to Ant Media Server
Just to add some additional context to Akbar's post, our users would rarely get this error in the past. If they did, they could simply close all their browser windows and it would reset itself when the stream was reconnected.

In the past couple days, multiple users have reported this "streamIdInUse" error and restarting their browser (and even their phone!) would not resolve the issue.

Resorting to a hard deletion of the zombie prodcast is a temporary band-aid but obviously not a long-term solution

Thanks
Joe

Ant Man

Feb 21, 2022, 6:48:14 AM2/21/22
to Joe Suh, Ant Media Server
Hi Joe

Have them clear their cache on their browser and try again.

Ensure they don’t have multiple instances open on multiple browsers.

Thanks

Sean

akbar butt

Feb 22, 2022, 12:40:52 AM2/22/22
to Ant Media Server
Hi Sean,

Looks like users forgot to disconnect the connection either from mobile and desktop. When they try to connect for a new LIVE, They got this message.
To handle this we are deleting the broadcast from server and recreate a new one. It resolved the problem. But we want to avoid this problem.

Thanks
Akbar

Connessione

Feb 22, 2022, 2:40:28 AM2/22/22
to Ant Media Server
As a workaround you can devise a system to track the publishing state of a stream Ina. Remote database or something. Before users try to publish a stream you can check the current publishing state if that stream and take appropriate  actions. You can basically automate what you did to resolve the problem or just let the users know via a message.

Joe Suh

Feb 22, 2022, 11:33:47 AM2/22/22
to Ant Media Server
Thanks for the workaround suggestion,

For now, we are giving users a reset button as part of the error message we're displaying for the streamidInuse error. This automates what we're doing manually to reset their streams.

But it would be good for us to know the root-cause and prevent it from happening in the first place. We noticed this problem started happening significantly more often when we upgraded Antmedia from v2.3.3.1 to 2.4.2.1 20220201_1956
Joe

Connessione

Feb 22, 2022, 1:08:42 PM2/22/22
to Ant Media Server
Strangely WebRTC stream cleanups are tricky in every media server 😁. I do hope you get a official solution to this.