Upload VoD to S3

Marián Vyslúžil

Feb 28, 2022, 7:17:09 AM2/28/22
to Ant Media Server
Hi!

I have some question about Uploading VoD to S3.
I have activated S3 recording and live stream works fine. If I complete stream, stream record is uploaded to my OVH cloud. But if I upload VoD from dashboard or from API call this VoD is not uploaded to S3.

How can I enable this?

Next question is about live stream record in cloud storage. Why records is uploaded "twice"? In OVH is automatically created second container with my original name and +segments suffix (my original container name is vods and this second is named vods+segments). Can I this turn off somehow?

Thank you for your answers.
Marián Vyslúžil

Ant Media Support

Feb 28, 2022, 8:42:01 AM2/28/22
to maro...@gmail.com, ant-medi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

But if I upload VoD from dashboard or from API call this VoD is not uploaded to S3.
You can use mount your S3 and add your streams folder with a symbolic link. Please check this question: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71046882/how-can-i-play-hls-streams-from-wasabi-in-ant-media-server

Why records is uploaded "twice"?
It's about your adaptive streaming option. If you enable Adaptive streaming, then Ant Media Server creates MP4 files according to your adaptive options and original one. Let's say if you send your stream 1080p resolution, then no need to add the 1080p adaptive option. It's already creating an original stream resolution.

I hope, I could help you.

Best Regards,
Selim

For every star we receive on GitHub until the end of Feb, we'll donate $1 to UNICEF. Star Ant Media Server Now!
, Maros852 <maro...@gmail.com> wrote:
57801:1264838

Marián Vyslúžil

Feb 28, 2022, 8:55:48 AM2/28/22
to Ant Media Server
I don have enabled adaptive stream

Dátum: pondelok 28. februára 2022, čas: 14:42:01 UTC+1, odosielateľ: support
screenShot.png

Marián Vyslúžil

Feb 28, 2022, 9:19:10 AM2/28/22
to Ant Media Server
You can use mount your S3 and add your streams folder with a symbolic link. Please check this question: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71046882/how-can-i-play-hls-streams-from-wasabi-in-ant-media-server

But I don't want to store these mp4 files on my VPS machine, so the symbolic link will upload the mp4 file to OVH, but I have to keep this mp4 locally on the VPS. The recording stream works well. So when the live transfer ends, mp4 is uploaded to OVH and removed from the local storage. In red5.properties I set up httpforwarding for mp4 files on OVH url and everything works. I need the same function for VoD recording. I can't get this feature with symbolic link. Am I right?

Dátum: pondelok 28. februára 2022, čas: 14:55:48 UTC+1, odosielateľ: Marián Vyslúžil

Marián Vyslúžil

Feb 28, 2022, 9:22:39 AM2/28/22
to Ant Media Server
and additional information ... this second file is chunked to 5mb fragments in this second container.

Dátum: pondelok 28. februára 2022, čas: 14:55:48 UTC+1, odosielateľ: Marián Vyslúžil
I don have enabled adaptive stream

Marián Vyslúžil

Feb 28, 2022, 10:38:29 AM2/28/22
to Ant Media Server
OK I found something. This is standard behavior in OVH object storage. So this second container not create by Antmedia server, but OVH itself.

Dátum: pondelok 28. februára 2022, čas: 15:22:39 UTC+1, odosielateľ: Marián Vyslúžil

Selim Emre

Feb 28, 2022, 5:05:35 PM2/28/22
to Ant Media Server
Hi,

I'm glad to hear your issue has been resolved.

Best Regards,
Selim