Release Candidate for 2.4

ahmet oguz mermerkaya

Aug 11, 2021, 4:33:05 AM8/11/21
to Ant Media Server
Hi Guys,

We've a release candidate for 2.4 (ant-media-server-enterprise-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT-20210810_0917.zip). You can download it from your account at antmedia.io. I mean you can always download the latest snapshot from your account as shown in the image at your account.
Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 10.47.25.png

Full changelog is auto generated here -> https://antmedia.io/latest-snapshot

Let me give an overview about the new features in 2.4
  • Plugin Architecture
  • Implementing MCU Plugin(audio-only supported) and providing it as a  built-in plugin(we know there are some known issues(aspect ratio, closing broadcast, single user support) and we're fixing them)
  • H265 Support in Ingesting WebRTC(H265 encoder is available in some Android devices)
  • Support HLS AES-Encryption
  • Support QuickSync in Hardware Transcoding
  • Configure `X-Forwarded-For` support as built-in for REST API. (I know it's very simple but it will improve the experience. We've encountered this question many times. :))
  • Send specific resolutions to the RTMP endpoints via REST API
  • Add JWKS support for JWT Filter
  • Provide option to force adaptive bitrate all time or use whenever the source resolution is higher
  • Fix random bad name issue in RTMP Ingest (This was a common issue. Thank you God, it seems it's fixed :))
  • Upgrade Tomcat to 8.5.69 and don't use native Tomcat libraries(Because it causes crash in some cases)
  • Support re-connecting to the same session in a specific timeout after the publisher is disconnected. (Players are not dropped if the publisher re-connects the same stream id). This request has came from NextEducation* team. Thank you so much NextEducation.  I think it will improve the user experience too much in flaky networks.
* I think no problem mentioning their name because we already publish them in our web page.

Please let us know if you have some specific questions or you find some issues in the release candidate.

Thank you guys. It's great to work with an active community like you.

Take care

Regards,
A. Oguz

Connessione

Aug 14, 2021, 9:41:27 PM8/14/21
to Ant Media Server
Is there a recommended player for encrypted HLS stream?

ahmet oguz mermerkaya

Aug 15, 2021, 4:52:19 AM8/15/21
to Ant Media Server
Hi Connessione,

video.js is supported to play encrypted HLS stream and it's the default player to play HLS in Ant Media Server.

Alternatively, you can use JWPlayer, Flowplayer, etc. as well.

Let me know if we can help further.

Regards,
A. Oguz

Connessione

Aug 15, 2021, 7:55:47 PM8/15/21
to Ant Media Server
Thank you for the information ℹ️

ahmet oguz mermerkaya

Aug 17, 2021, 3:24:44 AM8/17/21
to Ant Media Server
My pleasure :)

ahmet oguz mermerkaya

Aug 25, 2021, 2:44:27 AM8/25/21
to Ant Media Server
Hi Guys,
We've released the 2.4.0. Community Edition is available to download at github
Enterprise Edition is available to download on your subscription with older releases at antmedia.io

The summary change log is like that

  • H265 Support in Ingesting WebRTC(H265 encoder is available in some Android devices)
  • Support HLS AES-Encryption
  • Support QuickSync in Hardware Transcoding
  • Configure X-Forwarded-For support as built-in for REST API.
  • Send specific resolutions to the RTMP endpoints via REST API
  • Add JWKS support for JWT Filter
  • Provide option to force adaptive bitrate all time or use whenever the source resolution is higher
  • Fix random bad name issue in RTMP Ingest (This was a common issue. Thank you God, it seems it's fixed :))
  • Upgrade Tomcat to 8.5.69 and don't use native Tomcat libraries(Because it causes crash in some cases)
  • Support re-connecting to the same session in a specific timeout after the publisher is disconnected.

    The full Change log

    We're making the auto generated change log more user friendly(But we still need some time). We list only the pull requests(not all commits, it's too crowded) and giving related issue number with links so that it will be easy to understand. The good thing is that you can also see the whole commits under the PR requests.

    Please let us know your feedbacks and bugs if you encounter :)

    Regards,
    A. Oguz

    Richard Leinfellner

    Aug 25, 2021, 3:26:44 AM8/25/21
    to ahmet oguz mermerkaya, Ant Media Server
    Does this fix the issue with player spamming console with VR/controller permissions issues please?

    Regards

    Richard

    Sent on mobile device whilst fighting autocorrect and tiny buttons

    Aug 25, 2021, 3:50:48 AM8/25/21
    to Ant Media Server
    Hi Richard,

    As far as I understand, I don't think so. Sorry.

    Is there an issue on github for that? So that I ll make sure if it's fixed.

    If there is no issue on github, I'll create one to fix.

    Regards,
    A. Oguz

    Richard Leinfellner

    Aug 25, 2021, 4:02:17 AM8/25/21
    to ahmet oguz mermerkaya, Ant Media Server
    I had an email thread on this issue with the support team

    I will dig it out

    Sent on mobile device whilst fighting autocorrect and tiny buttons

    Aug 26, 2021, 1:39:19 AM8/26/21
    to Ant Media Server
    Let me check the support team.

    Thank you for raising this issue in here.

    Chai

    Aug 27, 2021, 4:04:15 AM8/27/21
    to Ant Media Server
    Great news. When are we planning to release 2.4.0 GPU Enterprise edition to AWS?

    ahmet oguz mermerkaya

    Aug 27, 2021, 5:40:35 AM8/27/21
    to Ant Media Server
    Hi Guys,

    Let me first answer to the Richard question

    My colleague(Mohit) has helped me find out your ticket. It seems we have already have an issue for that

    I also add other screenshots that you've provided in the ticket to the issue. It seems that we're going to assign this issue in 2 weeks if everything goes well for the other issues.

    >Great news. When are we planning to release 2.4.0 GPU Enterprise edition to AWS?
    We plan to release marketplaces in next week. We assign these tasks on the next sprint(our weekly meeting is on Monday).

    Regards,
    A. Oguz

    Message has been deleted

    Doni

    Aug 27, 2021, 11:27:38 AM8/27/21
    to Ant Media Server
    >Configure `X-Forwarded-For` support as built-in for REST API

    Thanks, what about for web panel and publisher IP filters?

    ahmet oguz mermerkaya

    Aug 30, 2021, 6:16:33 AM8/30/21
    to Ant Media Server
    Hi Doni,

    Yes it's added as valve for every http requests.

    Regards,
    A. Oguz

    Chai

    Sep 1, 2021, 2:11:15 PM9/1/21
    to Ant Media Server
    Hi there,

    Just following up - when is it available on AWS?

    ahmet oguz mermerkaya

    Sep 2, 2021, 3:47:53 PM9/2/21
    to Ant Media Server
    Hi Chai,

    We've found a good opportunity to make the MCU feature easy to use. As my colleague has said, it's done.
    We'll just have a minor release 2.4.0.1 and publish it to the marketplace immediately in a couple of days.

    Sorry for the delay.

    Regards,
    A. Oguz

    Chai

    Sep 6, 2021, 11:43:35 PM9/6/21
    to Ant Media Server
    Ahmet - Any update here?

    ahmet oğuz mermerkaya

    Sep 7, 2021, 4:58:29 AM9/7/21
    to Chai, Burak Kekeç, Ant Media Server
    Hi Chai,

    We've released 2.4.0.2 by improving a use-case scenario in MCU. It's being published to AWS Marketplace today.

    Could you confirm @Burak Kekeç ?

    Regards,
    A. Oguz

    You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Ant Media Server" group.
    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ant-media-server/cc6eb47a-e5da-4555-bb69-6ba732668c41n%40googlegroups.com.

    Chai

    Sep 8, 2021, 2:18:05 AM9/8/21
    to Ant Media Server
    Ahmet,

    Great work Ant media team on implementing MCU 🎉🎉👏👏.

    Just tried it on 2.4.0.2 and works like a charm. Impressive implementation and thanks for linking this article - https://antmedia.io/mcu-conference/. There is some feedback I have to improve the functionality - but, that's for another day ;)

    ahmet oguz mermerkaya

    Sep 8, 2021, 8:25:18 AM9/8/21
    to Ant Media Server
    Hi Chai,
    Thank you. It's the team behind this.

    I also see good potential for improving the MCU as well.

    Your feedbacks are very welcome :)

    Regards,
    A. Oguz