transitioning from vonage

Sashan Govender

Sep 20, 2021, 2:43:16 AM9/20/21
to Ant Media Server
Hi

For my product I use Vonage for the video streaming. It works but it is expensive to scale. I'm wondering how to transition from Vonage to AntMedia. I have a few questions:

1) Cost of Vonage is per subscribed stream per minute. How is payment in AntMedia handled if I use the Azure edition? It says it's charged by the hour so I assume that is all that I have to consider. There is no concept of subscribed streams that I have to worry about. In other words it's basically a flat rate regardless of the number of clients publishing video streams.

2) STUN and TURN servers. Vonage sets this up behind the scenes and I don't touch them. I'm assuming I'd have to setup at least a STUN server somehow since all my clients are behind a NAT. What's the best way to do this?

Thanks

Tahir Gölge

Sep 20, 2021, 4:09:33 AM9/20/21
to Ant Media Server
Hi,

1) It is true, Azure charges you by the hours you left Ant Media Server open, user count and data transfer we don't earn anything from that area but Azure may charge data transfer which is not related with us.

2) You don't require a STUN or TURN server, Ant Media uses Google's open STUN server without any problem. If you have customers from company firewalls or intranet, depending on the structure you should either use TURN server or you can stream with DASH or HLS from the 80 and 443 ports which must be open to reach the internet.

Cheers.