Using Antmedia in Cluster Mode with ABR reduces the number of viewers per edge vs no ABR

Zale Schoenborn

Sep 9, 2021, 10:36:19 AM9/9/21
to Ant Media Server
This is more of a question.

When ABR is used in cluster mode does only the origin use ABR and the edges do not to be most efficient in terms of resources

I assume this is the case but not 100% sure as we definitely support less users per edge using ABR and I am trying to understand if this is due to the overhead of the ABR multiple streams or some other reason that could be possibly optimized by your team to get the most out of edges in cluster mode with ABR

Mohit Dubey

Sep 9, 2021, 2:15:36 PM9/9/21
to Ant Media Server
Hi,
Hope you are doing well.
In case of ABR the transcoding  happens of Origin side so this is not an expected result.
We request you to please provide a detailed reproduce scenario with expected and Actual behaviour so that we can reproduce and check this at our end.
Publishing protocol: WebRTC/RTMP/RTSP
Playing protocol: WebRTC/HLS

Steps to reproduce
1.