2.4.x publishTimeoutError

Konrad Piwowar

Jan 19, 2022, 4:17:01 AM1/19/22
to Ant Media Server
Hey Guys,
We're having an issue with Antmedia Enterprise on Ubuntu 18.04

Antmedia 2.3.2 works properly.
Antmedia 2.4.0.2, 2.4.1 and the latest snapshot all timeout webrtc.

Our own app doesn't work on this, and even the built in demo one is erroring.

If I go to https://domain.com:5443/WebRTCAppEE/ and try to publish, I get the following in chrome console

initialized
webrtc_adaptor.js:1157 stream id in init peer connection: stream1 close stream id: stream1
webrtc_adaptor.js:1281 Set local description successfully for stream Id stream1
webrtc_adaptor.js:1078 No event.candidate in the iceCandidate event
(index):737 error callback: "publishTimeoutError"

There is nothing in the error log - in fact, there is no error log file at all.

root@oregon:/usr/local/antmedia/log# ls -l
total 28
-rw-r--r-- 1 antmedia antmedia 27292 Jan 19 09:15 0.0.0.0_access.2022-01-19.log
root@oregon:/usr/local/antmedia/log#

The firewall is completely disabled, so UDP ports are open.
root@oregon:/usr/local/antmedia/log# iptables --list
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source               destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source               destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source               destination

2.3.2 works perfectly without any issues. This is happening on 2 of 5 servers. All are running Ubuntu 18.04. Three installations went without a hitch and all work perfectly.

I have tried:
- About a dozen various clean installations
- Apt upgrade to update packages
- Rebooting server
- Increasing antmedia timeout from 5s to 10s

Any ideas? Reinstallation of 2.3.2 after 2.4.x works fine.

Konrad Piwowar

Jan 19, 2022, 4:18:37 AM1/19/22
to Ant Media Server
Also if anyone remembers my earlier tickets - the stability issues with Antmedia crashing are mostly resolved in 2.4.x. We are seeing much less crashes, we just can't update everything to 2.4.1 as above.

Konrad Piwowar

Jan 19, 2022, 4:20:03 AM1/19/22
to Ant Media Server
Also, when we view the broadcast list in admin when trying to connect we get 'preparing' for the stream name, then it vanishes after a second.

Konrad Piwowar

Jan 19, 2022, 4:26:03 AM1/19/22
to Ant Media Server
Alright nevermind and ignore this -  it seems I got it working. It seems the installation script for 2.4.1 needs to be updated from the previous one we had.
It might be worth it to do something like an install script version check or something into the install script?

Mohit Dubey

Jan 19, 2022, 4:46:06 AM1/19/22
to Ant Media Server
Hi Konrad,
Firstly, sorry for the trouble you had and it's good to know that it is working now.
Actually, this is a known issue and we had fixed this and for the same a new installation script was provided and therefore we recommend using the latest installation script.

Also, thank you for your suggestion. We will definitely consider that.
Have a great day.

--
Best Regards,
Mohit Dubey