Android unstable connection and calls drops during video calls

Yulia Tsymbalyuk

Apr 29, 2020, 1:07:17 PM4/29/20
to Ant Media Server
Hi there.

We are developing video calls using your WebRtcAndroidFramework.
And quite often we experience unstable connection and calls drops as a result when calling between android devices. Meanwhile video calls between iOS devices don't have any of these issues.

I provided some logs that preceded call drops in attached files. We noticed that very frequent ping is sent from connection.cc. And there is no reconnection tries, WebRtcClient disconnects right after several failed pings.

As far as I understand WebRtcAndroidFramework uses default WebRtc settings. But maybe some of them need to be twitched in order to make connection for Android video calls more stable?
Maybe some parameters in PeerConnectionClient or RTCConfiguration classes should be modified?
Like "iceCheckIntervalStrongConnectivityMs","iceCheckMinInterval" or "iceUnwritableMinChecks"? Maybe some other parameters.
I am not sure which values would work the best, and I am afraid it would take infinite time to figure out the best combination of them. So I hope maybe you tried different modifications and may suggest something. Thank you.

logs_android_call_drops.txt

Nagendra Kumar

Jul 22, 2020, 5:01:20 PM7/22/20
to Ant Media Server

Hi Yulia Tsymbalyuk,

   Is this problem resolved for you? This seems to be related with underlying websocket connection.

Thanks
Nagendra