how to set specific start time and end time of recorded liveStreams

Samvrit Soam

Sep 9, 2021, 6:29:19 AM9/9/21
to Ant Media Server
Hi,
Can you help me with the recorded live streams? I want to set a specific start time and end time for the "recorded" Livestream video. I have tried the way YouTube video does via embedding code snippet thing and setting start time and end time at the end of url, but of no use.

Mohit Dubey

Sep 9, 2021, 2:25:57 PM9/9/21
to Ant Media Server
Hi Bhavita,
Unfortunately we don't have this feature exactly in AMS. As you can understand that AMS in a backend solution, it is a generic stream engine so you can start/stop a playlist or stream source by calling it's REST API at the specific start and end time of the stream.

--
Best Regards,
Mohit Dubey

Connessione

Sep 12, 2021, 5:55:03 AM9/12/21
to Ant Media Server
Are you looking for timed recordings or timed playback ? You can always use external scheduler and rest api to achieve what you want.

Bhavita Soam

Sep 15, 2021, 1:56:51 AM9/15/21
to Ant Media Server
I am looking for timed playback. like, having an entrepreneur version which is having a feature to save a video in form of URL. I want to play it on specific time.

Mohit Dubey

Sep 15, 2021, 10:49:57 AM9/15/21
to Ant Media Server
Hi Bhavita,
You can record and store your videos as MP4 VODs and can call rest api at the specific times when you want to start and stop the VODs publishing.

--
Best Regards,
Mohit Dubey

Connessione

Sep 15, 2021, 11:31:28 AM9/15/21
to Ant Media Server
I believe times playback is a video player feature more than a media server feature.  If you are open to using custom players see this https://github.com/videojs/video.js/issues/2576

Connessione

Sep 15, 2021, 11:32:13 AM9/15/21
to Ant Media Server
Timed playback*

programmer programmer

Sep 16, 2021, 6:12:36 AM9/16/21
to Mohit Dubey, Ant Media Server
Hi
You can do custom java code in RTMPAdaptor class and do whatever you want...