Streaming Path

Raj Diwan

Feb 15, 2022, 1:37:09 AM2/15/22
to Ant Media Server

Hi, please help.

I have been trying to use RTMP Streaming in liveapp, but the videos save in liveapp/streams/Streamkey.ts. I need to save them in liveapp/streams/streamkey/steamkey.ts. Is there any way to change the Streams Files path?

Thank you,

Selim Emre

Feb 15, 2022, 11:44:39 AM2/15/22
to Ant Media Server
Hi,

Have a good day.

You can access your HLS stream by enabling DASH muxer. You just need to enable with below settings, then you can use  LiveApp/streams/streamId/master.m3u8
settings.dashMuxingEnabled=true
settings.dash.hlsEnabled=true

If you want to use directly HLS stream, we need to add an app settings flag. I have just added a feature request for you. You can follow this issue here: https://github.com/ant-media/Ant-Media-Server/issues/3988

Best Regards,
Selim

Selim Emre

Feb 15, 2022, 4:39:53 PM2/15/22
to Ant Media Server
Hi,

I did some tests according to your use case. It seems that if you send your RTMP stream via rtmp://amsURL/LiveApp/streamID/streamID, you can access your HLS files with https://amsURL/LiveApp/streamID/streamID.m3u8 URL.

I hope, I could help you.

Best Regards,
Selim

Connessione

Feb 16, 2022, 4:34:07 PM2/16/22
to Ant Media Server

True to that. What you are basically doing here is broadcasting into a chat room and hence the hls stream is created inside the room.

Connessione

Feb 16, 2022, 4:36:20 PM2/16/22
to Ant Media Server
Alternatively after recording you can take the help of a custom shell script or something to move the files around.

Raj Diwan

Feb 17, 2022, 12:43:50 AM2/17/22
to Ant Media Server

Hi,

I have changed the setting in red5-web.properties with

settings.dashMuxingEnabled=true

settings.dash.hlsEnabled=true

but the .ts files saves in the streams folder only. we are using for live streaming with DVR enable.

please help me how to resolve this issue

Connessione

Feb 17, 2022, 12:47:18 AM2/17/22
to Raj Diwan, Ant Media Server
Well I don’t think you understood what he said.

1. Either change broadcast url to add a room name in between so that hls is created in that scope.

2. Or use a script to copy the stream files to the different location after broadcast ends

Selim Emre

Feb 17, 2022, 10:53:01 AM2/17/22
to Ant Media Server
Hi All,

Thank you for your contribution @Connessione.

Actually, I recommended using DASH muxer for playing HLS in stream ID folder. But after my tests, you can also send your stream like this rtmp://amsURL/LiveApp/streamID/streamID. If you use your RTMP URL, you can access HLS files with https://amsURL/LiveApp/streamID/streamID.m3u8 URL. So, for the second option, no need to enable DASH muxer options. You can disable it as an original(After the changes, don't forget to restart Ant Media Server).

I hope, it's clear for you.

Best Regards,
Selim

Connessione

Feb 18, 2022, 12:13:46 AM2/18/22
to Ant Media Server
👍

Raj Diwan

Feb 21, 2022, 10:35:22 AM2/21/22
to Ant Media Server
Hey
I want to use the RTMP as rtmp://amsURL/LiveApp/streamID. & the HLS playback as https://amsURL/LiveApp/streamID/streamID.m3u8 is this possible..?

Selim Emre

Feb 21, 2022, 6:58:08 PM2/21/22
to Ant Media Server
Hi,

Have a good day.

Unfortunately, it's not possible. If you want to use https://amsURL/LiveApp/streamID/streamID.m3u8 without using rtmp://amsURL/LiveApp/streamID/streamID RTMP URL then It needs development.

Best Regards,
Selim

Connessione

Feb 22, 2022, 2:37:48 AM2/22/22
to Ant Media Server

Or if it is just about playing recorded content in hls format, it might be possible to code a shell script or something to move the files to the new structure as per your needs for playback. HLS can be played via any standard webserver so the folder structure shouldn’t be a constraint. This is my view.