How do we pass filter flag options into the AntMedia MCU plugin?

已查看 149 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Zale Schoenborn

未读,
2021年8月30日 21:04:522021/8/30
收件人 Ant Media Server
Hi,

Looking through your Filter and MCU plugin documentation here

Can you please explain how the various filter option flags can be asserted as this is a critical part of controlling the functionality?

Appreciate the help.

Tahir Gölge

未读,
2021年8月31日 06:06:312021/8/31
收件人 Ant Media Server
Hi,

We are creating a guide about it currently, we are thinking about a community event also to introduce the system to people. We will post the guide in google group when it is available soon.

Cheers.

Zale Schoenborn

未读,
2021年9月1日 10:13:552021/9/1
收件人 Ant Media Server

Here’s specific questions I'm hoping you can answer in the blog.

How would I pass in the normalize flag to an amix filter using the audio only MCU filter?

Does calling the rest api over an over to add and remove inputs that are joining and leaving cause issues with the quality of the output stream?

How do you manage this plugin in cluster mode on AWS?

Can we have several different filter plug ins in cluster mode which all use the API to merge different groups of specific audio inputs into specific unique outputs?

burak

未读,
2021年9月9日 03:57:482021/9/9
收件人 Ant Media Server
Hİ Zale,
Sorry for the late response.

How would I pass in the normalize flag to an amix filter using the audio only MCU filter?

We have just updated to README file to tell how you can change the default filter texts. Please check:

Does calling the rest api over an over to add and remove inputs that are joining and leaving cause issues with the quality of the output stream?

We should update the filters when someone joins or leaves as you said. We have some guards to prevent this update operation  affect quality. First, we don't update filter immediately in case of join/leave. Instead we periodically check if update is necessary. Second, we create the new filter first and replace the previous after the new one is ready. But still we may do something if meet any quality issue.

How do you manage this plugin in cluster mode on AWS?

Since the current Plugin works with the decoded frames it is not working in Cluster mode now. But we will change it to work with encoded packets then it will also work on cluster. We have been working on it. You can follow from:

Can we have several different filter plug ins in cluster mode which all use the API to merge different groups of specific audio inputs into specific unique outputs?

Zale you are the one of AMS users who I like to discuss such cases. This idea seems to be a good use case and I think it will be doable. To be honest the plugin will work on the cluster with the next version. So I haven't thought about that. But as I said it seems to be doable.

Regards,

1 Eylül 2021 Çarşamba tarihinde saat 17:13:55 UTC+3 itibarıyla za...@frqncy.live şunları yazdı:

Zale Schoenborn

未读,
2021年9月9日 10:26:592021/9/9
收件人 Ant Media Server
Hi Burak,

Thankyou for the answers.

One follow up question....

Wouldn't the filter plug in still be expected to work on AWS in cluster mode (origin + edge) with ABR since ABR is supported in cluster mode?

Why does just the lack of ABR make it possible to work in cluster mode?

A related question...

This is only useful if multiple filters can be deployed grouping inputs into outputs on the same cluster, and so understanding the limitations you've encountered in deploying multiple filters would be crucial to document.

burak

未读,
2021年9月10日 07:53:152021/9/10
收件人 Ant Media Server

Actually ABR or Cluster are not problem.
The problem is that Filter Plugin accepts only decoded frames.
Lets assume you have 2 origins and 2 streams in the cluster. StreamA is assigned to Origin1 and  StreamB is Assigned to Origin2. Lets assume the Filter Plugin working on Origin1 merges  StreamA and StreamB. In this scenario no problem with StreamA because it is decoded on the same server Origin1. But StreamB is not decoded on Origin1 and Filter Plugin needs decoded frame of StreamB.

When we make Filter Plugin can work with packets this problem will also be solved.

9 Eylül 2021 Perşembe tarihinde saat 17:26:59 UTC+3 itibarıyla za...@frqncy.live şunları yazdı:

Zale Schoenborn

未读,
2021年9月12日 14:43:282021/9/12
收件人 Ant Media Server
Hi Burak,

Thanks.

When do you expect the next release to be out on AWS?

Zale

burak

未读,
2021年9月20日 10:58:172021/9/20
收件人 Ant Media Server
We are planning to release next version in 2 months.

12 Eylül 2021 Pazar tarihinde saat 21:43:28 UTC+3 itibarıyla za...@frqncy.live şunları yazdı:
回复全部
回复作者
转发