Start/Stop Publishing Buttons Disabled WebRTCApp

David Brown

Apr 7, 2020, 11:33:26 AM4/7/20
to Ant Media Server
Hi,

I've just set up and configured Ant Media Server (community edition), and RTMP (LiveApp) publishing is working perfectly, however I'm struggling with the WebRTCApp.
Screenshot 2020-04-07 16.27.11.png
The AMS server is running being a NGINX reverse proxy server on another machine with the following config;

ams.mydomain.co.uk proxies to <ams-server-IP>:5080

requests to port 80 are forwarded to 443.

I can access the management interface through any of;

<ams-server-IP>:5080
<ams-server-IP>:80

ams.mydomain.co.uk/WebRTCApp and it loads the page, asks for permission to access camera and microphone, and displays the feed.

However the buttons are disabled. If I inspect the page source and remove the 'disabled' flag from the HTML, clicking the button gives the error "WebSocketNotConnected"

If I enable the chrome workaround and access <ams-server-IP>/WebRTCApp I can publish successfully.

This leads me to believe this is a firewall or NGINX proxy issue?

I have the following port forward rules;

TCP 80 to NGINX Server
TCP 443 to NGINX Server
TCP 5443 to AMS
TCP 1935 to AMS
UDP 5000-65535 to AMS

all the above are also open in ufw on the AMS server

Any help appreciated!

mahmut asım Onat

Apr 22, 2020, 11:37:40 AM4/22/20
to Ant Media Server
Hi David,

Sorry for the late response, have you solved the problem? If not can you send me the console log when you get WebSocketNotConnected error?

Best,
Asim