Audio Chat, many to many

Marc

Dec 29, 2021, 4:44:53 PM12/29/21
to Ant Media Server
Hello,

I have developed an app where an admin makes audio presentations to other users (one to many). I'm using Enterprise Edition 2.3.1

Now I want to let other users to participate, so everybody can talk and hear others (many to many)

I have been using something like
   webRTCAdaptorAudioPlayer.play( [audio_stream_id] );
That other users where then able to listen to.

How do you recommend to proceed? Should I create a new audio stream for each user and then all users play all streams in their browsers?

Thanks!

Marc

Yash Tandon

Dec 30, 2021, 1:48:42 PM12/30/21
to Ant Media Server
Hi Mark,
Hope you are fine.
You can use conference.html sample page. It includes both audio and video but for audio only conference you can edit the media constraints in conference.html to make the camera disable.
var mediaConstraints = {
                video : false,
                audio : true
        };
Also you can upgrade your server to latest v2.4.1 by downloading the zip file from your account on https://antmedia.io and follow below guide for upgradation
To upgrade over older version please follow these guides
https://github.com/ant-media/Ant-Media-Server/wiki/Installation#3-download-installation-script (use latest installation script from here)
https://github.com/ant-media/Ant-Media-Server/wiki/Installation#update-over-older-version

Regards,
Yash

Marc Sallent

Dec 30, 2021, 1:52:55 PM12/30/21
to Yash Tandon, Ant Media Server
Thanks for your answer Yash.
I did not make myself clear, but my question was more like: to create a many-to-many audio conference room, I should create an audio stream for each user and make all users play all streams (but not their own). Is there a better strategy?
I have upgraded to 2.4.1 and tried MCU, but when I tried it I see that users hear their own voice, making conversations difficult

Thanks!

Marc

Yash Tandon

Jan 4, 2022, 1:13:28 PM1/4/22
to Ant Media Server
Hi Marc,

As I suggested for audio conference mode all users can play all streams in it and user can turn off/mute his/her own stream audio from the page itself and by default the audio of user's stream is already muted.

Regards,
Yash

Marc

Jan 11, 2022, 7:27:34 PM1/11/22
to Ant Media Server
Thanks Yash.

I wanted to see if there was a way to avoid that users have to play all streams, instead of only one, but I get it

Thanks

Marc